Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover

 By Ally Carter
Rated PG

This book is part of a whole series of books written by Carter that were recommended to me by my friend Melissa R. This is the only one in the series I have read, but this one is clean enough for a straight PG.

Perfect for tweens and teens, the series revolves around Cammie Morgan, a teenage girl who attends a secret school for young spies, where she learns all the latest espionage techniques and, of course, finds herself in situations where she needs them.

Secrets, mysteries and light romance characterize the novel, which should keep young readers interested from beginning to end. My only complaint with this book was that it wasn't a whole story in and of itself. None of the plot lines began or resolved themselves inside of this one book, so without reading the entire series I felt a little lost. I'd recommend beginning with book one in the series. They go in this order:
1: I'D TELL YOU I LOVE YOU, BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU
2: CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO SPY
3: DON'T JUDGE A GIRL BY HER COVER
4: ONLY THE GOOD SPY YOUNG
5: OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF TIME
Hopefully they are all as clean as the one I read, book 3. If not, post a comment here so other will know.


clean books, books that are clean, clean book reviews, clean books for teens, clean books for tweens