Monday, June 7, 2010

Same Kind of Different As Me



by Ron Hall and Denver Moore

Rated PG

Sorry for the hiatus on posting books here, I was sick...the bad part of that was I didn't feel like doing much, the good part is that I got some extra reading in.

This book was a loaner to me by my friend OS, and I really enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for a good true story, and this fits the bill. It's the story of a wealthy art dealer and his wife, accustomed to all the luxuries life can offer, who feel compelled to give their life to God and to serving His children. As part of that journey they begin volunteering at a homeless shelter, where they meet Denver, a man who is as accustomed to being down-and-out as the Halls are accustomed to money.

An unusual and enriching friendship ensues, and the story is marked by surprising, and sometimes heartbreaking, twists.

clean books, clean books for book club, clean reads, books that are clean