Friday, January 22, 2010

One Simple Act

by Debbie Macomber

Rated G

This non-fiction book was a pleasure to read. Heartfelt true stories, scripture verse, and the author's own insights weave together a timeless reminder of the value of generosity.

Going beyond the simplicity of giving money or time as a definiton of generosity, Macomber shows how listening, encouraging, being hospitable, sharing hope, and more are also generous acts. She writes often of listening for the "God nudges", those gentle feelings that tell you when someone needs a helping hand or an encouraging word. I echo her belief in the importance of following those feelings. It never hurts to do something kind, and often it helps more than we know.

A big thanks to my mom for loaning me this book, it had some good reminders for me and made me want to be better.

clean books, clean non-fiction, clean book reviews, clean books for book club, clean reads, good books, Christian book reviews