Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Persian Pickle Club



by Sandra Dallas
Rated PG
In small town, Depression-era Kansas, the only thing people have left is each other. Queenie Bean, a young farm wife, considers the women in the Persian Pickle Club to be her best friends, and looks forward to her weekly meetings with them. Soon, however, a city girl and a family of drifters move into town, and strange things begin to happen that will test the loyalty and friendship of this close-knit group.
Queenie is such an affable main character that I felt myself drawn into the story because I wanted to be her friend. I especially enjoyed reading about the family of drifters and Queenie's reaction to their nearby presence.
This book contains a small smattering of curse words, which is why I rated it PG, but I'd be happy to have it on my bookshelf.
clean books, clean book reviews, books that are clean