Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fame, Glory and Other Things on My To Do List



by Janette Rallison

Rated PG

After hearing good things about Janette Rallison's young adult fiction, I went to the library to get a taste. Well, I guess I wasn't the only one who heard good things! Not only was every single one of her books checked out, but there was a waiting list. So, I waited. And when I finally got to read Fame, Glory... a few weeks later, I was charmed. Ms. Rallison's voice is so true as a teenager that you have to look at the book jacket to see if she actually is one. Another plus - I laughed out loud more than once, and that means this author is a keeper. This book and any of her other titles would be great clean reads for your teens and tweens.

Jessica dreams of going to Hollywood to become a star, and everything is going her way until car troubles, guy troubles, best friend troubles, and a partially insane high school drama cast threaten her dream. Hoping to be "discovered", she ends up discovering a lot - about herself, guys and life in general.

clean book, clean book reviews, clean books for teens, clean children's books, clean fiction, clean reads